Monday, May 24, 2010

One Love Festival

It was miserable rainy the day before the event.
But it totally cleared up on "the" day. Maybe JAH did for us...
Under the beautiful sun, almost no clouds in the sky as far as I remembered, I was headed to One Love Festival.

After a hanging around the venue a little, we settled down in front of the stage in the shade of some trees.
The Sun started scorching here Yoyogi park, which was partly not good for your skin, but partly good. You can fantasize yourself just as being in Jamaica.
Actually, the sun in Jamaica was so strong. I almost heard my arms being blazed just like grilled chicken or something, even though I put lots of protection on them.

Listening to off-beat reggae sounds by indies or unsigned bands with Red Stripe and Jamaican soul food, jerk chicken, I noticed my eye were watering, missing Jamaica so much.

I didn't know how much I miss that island. Or Was I just being too emotional?? My little sis says it's definetely the latter. As you might know, I've been to many countries, relatively "many" , but no country never made me so sentimental. You'll see how it goes from now on...

Not that big, but there was a sound system there. It seemed people were coming together in the front of this, like being lured by the sound. They desperately needed nice riddim and nice vibes.


Having say that, they were clearly the most popular. No doubt about it. Gals and rudy raggamuffins came to shake hands with them or take some pics with them...

This elderly couple made all of surroudings happy. Just watching them dance without any camera-shiness was so peaceful. Respect !!

I'm not sure about what it was like on the second day. At least on the first day, Bob's songs were not played so often. I wanted to listen to his songs by a gigantic sound system. This is the only thing I was disappointed with.


Overall, I was soooo irie.

4 comments:

やすこ said...

ジャミアカが恋しすぎる人。

persimmon1a said...

>>やすこ

今年はムリかもしれないけど、ゼッタイまた行くっ!!Yumiさんにナイヤビンギ連れてってもらいたいし。特大サウンドシステムも見ないとだし。

やすこ said...

最近じゃジャメーカも騒音の規制やらなんやらで、昔に比べるとサウンドシステム自体あんまり見れないらしいよ。

音を体で感じたい!!

persimmon1a said...

>> やすこ

うん、すぐポリが来ちゃうんだよね。