Friday, April 9, 2010

the Hurt Locker

It's about an Explosive Ordinance Disposal team during the Iraq War.
I thought for the duration it could be soldiers in the front line that conduct the ultimate task in all army camp.
So it was a total revelation to me that there was another fatal job of defusing bombs.

This is a film with a certain plot, but for me it seemed more like a documentary.
Everything was so real and authentic and I just couldn't believe this was directed by a woman.

Conflict among the team.
One places a premium highly on what they've accomplished rather than how they have worked, even though their goal is the same...

When they're out of the field, they kill their times mostly by booze and grapple, which seems universal men's behavior.
Their grappling starts just for fun, but sometimes it goes to half-serious one.

People are tense all the time even if they're off the duty. Once scuffle started, they get excited so much easily, which I understand. Just like dried grass, when set fire, it spreads out so quickly.

Japan has sent out our SDF to the battle field or some other lands in turmoil, but the details are not revealed enough and this kind of stuff doesn't make the talk of the city.
Few people see how they work there and what the place they are deployed is like.
I'm one of them, though...
So the film provided me with a little bit knowledge about war, which was great.

The team consists from 3 members and at the first glance, I thought the black guy was familiar to me. It was "Papa Doc" in "8 Mile", who is a rival of Eminem AKA "rabbit".

He had a sharper face and his role was mean, but I thought he was cool even back then.
Now he's well ripped up and become mature. I like him.

Apparently, he played 2pac in "Notorious", which is his next major film appearance.
I don't know it will be released theatrically, but I'd love to watch it !!

2 comments:

fumiko said...

I have photo of him in my room

persimmon1a said...

>> fumiko
Green with envy !!