Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rudo y Cursi Party

Have you ever had TJ Beer?
I have some at this mini-preview party for "Rudo y Cursi" a Mexican film starring Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal.

TJ is a sort of abbr of Tijuana, a boarder town between Mexico and the U.S.
I've learned that from "the O.C".
I'm not sure, but at least in the drama, TJ seemed to be one of popular destinations as an excursion for people in CA.

I was chatting with an East coast-guy that somehow I've got acquainted the other day and the subjest went to TJ.
He had no idea what TJ stands for.
It happens, considered the U.S is just so gigantic with time difference even stateside.
But the truth to be told, I was actually a bit proud of myself with having this tiny teeny trivia if I may call so, hahaha.

I was really pumped up for watching this film in the theater.
But show time they set didn't really mesh with my schedule.
Even if I would have been seated in the theater, I would have dozed off. No doubt about it...
So, having joined the party, I haven't watched it entirely.
I'd have a chance to see with a huge screen if possible, instead of my minuscule TV monitor reflected through DVD. Shizuoka might be my option...

By the way, the party was just great.
All-you-can-eat with ¥1,500.
I had a chitchat with my role model woman, who had organized the Cuban Film Festival, which meant a lot to me.

No comments: