Thursday, August 26, 2010

NYC Travel Day3

I joined a half-day organized tour for listening to gospel music at a charch in Harlem.
Taking photos is strictly prohibited during the worship.
So I don't have any of it.

You might know I sometimes get emotional so easily and this was the time.
I have no idea on how to put the right words for my feelings. but my eyes were watering, listening to sacred songs. And I was humming with them as you could imagine.
I could do that without the lyrics since the same phrase were repeatedly sang.
A piece of cake for me, doing this everyday on my commute, hehehe.

Honestly, and personaly, I don't think being religious is always good, but people here seemed to be proud of what they believes in, what they do every day. That impressed me.

The chorus members were all men.
Speaking of gospel, you picture big mamas singing so vigorously and emotionally.
So I'd like to see a mix or women only next time.

After having a quick stop in front of Apollo theater, we were headed to a famous charch.
I don't recall the name of it. Because my curiosity were put only in Harlem.

Here are some weird pics in the charch, but I love them.

Found a squirrel!! It wouldn't run away even when people get closer and closer.

The tour was finished at Hilton hotel in the Midtown.
No interest for here. Even must-go (maybe...) museums don't attract me.
I crossed the bridge by the subway and got to Williamsburg, where Damian gave me amazing vibes last night.

Looks like you might be able to find an amazing gadget, doesn't it?!



Umm, every single shop is tempting for me.
I wish I had a record player...

Even trash boxes have one sense.

In the shop, there was slope (idk how to call in this industry) for skateboarding.
It's embarrasing to say, skateboarding is one thing that I'd been trying.
Don't say, "No way, Jose !!" It's true.
According to the map, there's Brooklyn Beer Brewery near here and they open the door on weekends.
Umfortunately, I didn't have time for visiting there. Why don't I try Brookly beer here in Tokyo.
I know the place serving it in Shinjuku.

I bought converse shoes here with only $16.00. Cool !!

"The G-spot does exist!" "Have you found yours?"




I promise you, Williamsburg, no, I swear,
I'll visit you sometime soon !!

No comments: