Wednesday, January 20, 2010

(500) Days of Summer

It's a romantic comedy of a pure-hearted guy called Tom.
The film goes sporadically backward and forward during his destined (Only he thinks so ;-) but unfulfilled relationship with Summer.
This no-chronological method is used on psychological suspense films or crime ones and all that, most of the time in order to make people perplexed and earn their attention till the end.
But not usual for romance movies like this.
Only this point is unique.

"Summer", it was "the O.C" when I first bumped into a girl named Summer, played by Rachel Bilson.
Weird ! Isn't it supposed to be just a word of describing season?? That's how I felt at that time.
But now, this is the second time.
Thus, can I take it this is an ordinary girl's name?



There is one day among 500 that Tom and Summer attend the wedding of their co-worker. You hear " At Last" behind the scene. Damn, I almost sang with that, nope, actrually I did, coz I love this song so much!

I was deeply touched when I listened to this song for the ffirst time. It was Obama's inauguratiom party, there Beyonce sang for his dance with Michel.





Tom works for a greeting card company as a writer, for real? It's a little bit temptating for me who like to do wordsmithing although messages on cards are all BS, that are no realistic, useless at all !! I don't need crappy pep-talk !This is almost the same as what Tom says when he quits the company. Totally agree.

The fim was shoot in L.A But I assumed it was New York or somewhere in the East Coast. Buildings in the film looked European-chic and not much sunshine scenes. Maybe L.A has some historical areas... donno, never been there. Speaking of architecture, cubicles in their office are woodtone and they are nice. Wanna work there!

Joseph Golden-Levitts playingTom, resembles a bit Heath Ledger...

No comments: