Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cool Runnings

Have you ever watched a movie shot in JM?
I have. It's "Cool Runnings" !
It's a comedy of Jamaican national Bobsled teams debut at the 1988 Winter Olympics in Calgary. And half-based on the true story.
Track and field guys who disqualified for summer Olympic in Seoul, try the most top-lebeled sports event in the world somehow or other in a completely different play from they've been involved.

Actors don't have as strong Patwan dialect as I had been exposed to during my getaway in JM last autumn. But I recognized quite a typical phrase "Yah man" several times in the film.


Actually, I had been wondering if Jamaican women also use this often since it includes a word of "man" literally. Then I asked one local guy. Yes, they do! Yah man !!

Miss JM, miss this paradise that I stayed like crazy...

No comments: