Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cuban Film Festival

Speaking of Cuba,
I went to the Cuban Film Festival with Linda last autumn.
Mojito was undeniably tempting, but I thought it would be a good chance to give a shot to something new, then Canchanchara was my poison there.

It was good, but it might be a bit strong on my empty stomach.
I munched away a variety of Cuban cuisine, which was specially cooked for the party when they were not on the regular menu.

This is a woman (in the middle of the pic) who launched and organized everything for the festival all by herself.
Luckily enough, I've got an opportunity to chat with her, technically, I spoke to her.
Actually, this was not the first time to meet her, but I didn't have a chance to talk to her in person.

I genuinely admire what she has accomplished so far in her life, and of course herself.
It's not something anybody could achieve even if you make tons of effort like hell.
She's totally my role model when I'm million million miles away from her considered where as I am ;-)


Cuban music and dance were performed at the party.
I don't see clearly if I like them since I've never been exposed to Cuban culture firsthand in Cuba.
Untill then, I'd prefer Jamaican Reggae, Yah man !! Hahaha.

By the way, congri (black rice with beans) was not that bad...

No comments: