Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Personal Belongings

My Cuban-related story is continued.
I watched "Personal Belongings" at the Cuban Film Festival
that I wrote about at the privious article.
Several others movies also interested me,
but Linda and I totally agreed with this.
It's a beautiful bittersweet romance.
But who could create a film without telling what Cuban society like?

Ernesto wants to leave Cuba more than anything.
He's been making the rounds of embassies, hoping someone will buy his falsified story for obtaining a legitimate permission.

Meanwhile, Ana, she 's determinded to stay when her family left the island in a risky way, by raft.
They meet at a clinic she workd as a doctor when Ernesto has a check-up that he needs for his visa application.
Then, they fall in love each other...


They wish to get more seriously and romantically involved, but as you may notice, their future visions are completely opposite.
The story goes on as they both have so ambivalent feelings...

I like this scene. A date at the restaurant dolphins swimming behind.
Isn't it so romantic?!
At the same time, there's a little satire.
They're asked to pay in CUC, which is currency only travelers visiting Cuba are required to use.
Maybe I'll have some in my tatterd purse this summer. Yayyay!!

He's an actor plays Ernesto. He's hot !!

I want to get this by DVD for Ernesto sake, sorry it's just kidding, but not released in Japan (> <) Any chance in future??

No comments: