Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Heart in Winter

I think I was lucky to find this film by chance out of so many broadcastings by the Cables.
In a nutshell, this is a story about 3 French grown-ups caught in a love triangle.

Maxime is a violin workshop owner.
He's what they call, alpha man. Leader type, dominant, generally popular.
No wonder he has casual relationship with young, promising and incredibly beautiful, which seems considerably important, concert violinist , Camile.

Meanwhile, Stephane is polar opposite.Introverted, unemotional.
He works for Maxime's repair shop as a skilled craftman.

In a typical love formula, girls falls for a vigorous man like Maxime, but then gradually and uncosciously or subcosciously being attracted by a man like Stephane.

Well, personally, I'm a person who tend to be fascinated with Stephane type from the beginning...
So, I was hoping that Stephane and Camile get together.

But the plot didn't go as the formula.
Stephane rejects Camile's affection towards him !!
To make the thing more surprising, it was just when she impiled she'd like to make love with him.
Can you believe this?!
Who could do that reaction when you're a man and your heart is obviously inclined to the relationship with her?
From what I come from, at least here in Japan, people still believe men are supposed to do this kind of seductive invite, while I don't , hahaha...
So I totally understand her devastation when he didn't accept her.
It must have been so mortifying as ever.
You know what, I'm suggesting that I had the similar experience. WTF !! (Sorry for my word.)
I foud out one review, googling this movie.
It says with some evidence that Stephane is a gay and everything is being manipulated by him.
He only wanted to hurt Maxime who won't love him back.
Is that true?! I'm not sure.
Even if so, I wouldn't take the story this way.
Wish I had a chance to watch again. But the DVD seems to be discontinued....(> <)

No comments: