Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One Love

I watched this twice in a row. And at the third time with my little sis. Just desperately wanted to feel the atmosphere of Jamaica.

Kassa (Ky-Mani Marley) a rasta man, hoping for musical success. One day he meets a gospel singer girl, Serena at the recording studio and instantly falls for her. Love at the first sight?!

But Serena is unattainable for Kassa. She's a sheltered daughter of the pastor and he strongly forbids her to see him and wants her to marry one of his church members.

Meanwhile the record boss organizing the contest, tries to get Kassa's band to sign to his label on his terms not theirs.
He really wants a contract that will lead to his dream, but he isn't in dilemma at all. What he matters is "HIS" own music.

The plot goes as your expectation.
Although Kassa is set up by Serena's fiance, let's say, ganja thing..., they get together at the end.

I can get a sense of how Rasta people are being treated and how they live in their villages, which was good.
Because this is something that I wanted to see, but missed when I visited Jamaica last year.
Next time I'll join Nyahbinghi at Sunday in Kingston, hopefully.

No comments: